Top Symptoms Of Toothaches
Toothache usually starts due to some dental conditions like dental caries, a chipped tooth, an exposed tooth root, or even progressive gum disease. The pain mostly results due to the infection reaching the nerve endings of that infected tooth.Bacteria present in our mouth thrive on the food debris. If oral care is neglected, these bacteria produce acids which start breaking down the enamel of the tooth.
It progresses ahead to infect the dentin, the cementum and then finally the pulp. This results in pain varying from mild discomfort to excruciating pain depending on the stage of infection. People should identify the following symptoms beforehand to avoid dental emergencies:
Top Symptoms Of Toothaches
Pain While Chewing
Sometimes, along with the above symptoms (or even without them), pain is experienced while chewing food items. This happens only when some force is exerted on the tooth surface. Mostly that force is the pressure of hard food items on the infected tooth. Like above, this pain is also situation bound and is not permanent. The entire tooth aches and the pain felt is quite bad and acute.
Sensitivity To Cold And Hot Stuff
As soon as the enamel is destroyed, the tooth is potentially sensitive to many things. Common triggers being cold and hot food items. If the infection isn’t too deep, food items at normal temperature do not hurt. However, as soon as cold or hot food items or even drinks touch the surface of the tooth, a progressively shooting pain starts, peaks and then reduces within a minute. This pain in neither excruciating nor permanent, however, it should not be ignored as the next stage of infection can soon change this.
Whiff of Air Causes Discomfort
How often does it happen that a gentle whiff of air can actually cause harm ? Well, if the dental caries has reached the dentin, this is a possibility. People with tooth infection can experience mild pain when they suck in the air from their mouth. Sometimes it even happens if their mouth remains open for a long time. Mostly the pain is felt when the air is cold. This is an important symptom of a potential toothache caused due to deep decay or an exposed sensitive spot on the root.
Swelling Around The Tooth
It is not always necessary that the decay starts on the surface of the tooth visible to the naked eyes. Sometimes the decay can start below the gum line in which case there is no cavity visible on the surface to the naked eyes. In such cases, the first three symptoms might or might not be present. However, a very significant symptom is the swelling of the gums around the infected tooth.
The bacteria thrive on the spaces between the gums and the tooth. In the process of decaying the tooth, they also infect the gums causing redness, pain, tenderness, swelling and sometimes even bleeding. This is a very dangerous symptom and needs attention.
Swelling From The Outside
As the tooth decays, the bone of the jaw can also get inflamed and swell. This results in outside swelling which is noticed by people around. The jawline from outside is typically disfigured and bulges out. This area becomes very tender and is sensitive to touch and even outside air can cause mild discomfort.
Actual Pain Without Any Triggers
Once the decay reaches the nerves, during the initial stages, pain can start without any aforementioned triggers. Mild pain can start even if the mouth is idle without any activity. This is the nerve pain and can progressively increase to become absolutely unbearable, excruciating pain. This symptom is considered as a dental emergency and needs immediate attention.People need to identify and treat the symptoms of toothache as soon as they appear. At which stage an infection is treated, actually determines whether it is a normal cavity filling, a root canal or a painful tooth extraction.
St.Botanica Forskolin 500mg Extract – 90 Veg Caps
- Forskolin is a natural appetite suppressant that curbs carb and sugar cravings so you can stick to your diet plan!
- Forskolin Extract has been studied for its potential to reduce appetite, manage weight. Combined with a healthy diet and exercise, desired goals can be achieved!
- All-natural weight management supplement. Promotes healthy metabolism
- This natural vegan formula will effectively support both male and female weight management. Finally you can start and finish a DIET that will work.
- Rapid dissolving vegetarian capsule helps the active ingredients metabolize in the body so very little product “is wasted” and passed through your system.
MuscleXP Hair, Skin & Nails Daily Vital MultiVitamin
- Combines vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients along with healthy hair, skin and nails support
- This comprehensive and complete formula delivers a total of 36 nutrients comprising vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, health blends, amino acids in one convenient daily dose.
- Contains Biotin for Healthy Hair Care.
- Providing 100% RDA limits for maximum Vitamins & Mineral. Contains 13 Amino Acids. Helps support strong nails. Helps support lustrous hair.
- Manufactured in World Class Manufacturing Standards.