10 Home Remedies For Type II Diabetes
The dramatic increase in the prevalence of diabetes, with about 90-95% having Type II diabetes has led to an increase in the incidence rates of its related complications like retinopathy, coronary artery disease, stroke etc., which today are considered to be a major cause for the rise in mortality rates, all across the world.
Most importantly, diabetic patients need to maintain a well-balanced diet that is high in fiber, low in sweets and saturated fat, exercise to speed up metabolic activity and constantly keep monitoring the levels of glucose using the easily available kits in the market.
Natural treatments especially the usage of herbs, are being exclusively explored by the scientific community, that can be used besides the standard treatment under the supervision of a professional health practitioner. Some of them are listed below:
Dear Earth organic Wheat Flour 5 Kg₹280.00
Dear Earth Organic Coconut Oil ( Extra Virgin ) 350 Ml₹450.00
St.Botanica Cupidrex Serum AND Butea Superba 60 Caps
- Help in improving male sexual performance
- Help in improving erectile function
- Contain pure Butea Superba extract and other tropical herbs
MuscleXP Hair, Skin & Nails Daily Vital MultiVitamin with 10,000 mcg Biotin
- Combines vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients along with healthy hair, skin and nails support
- This comprehensive and complete formula delivers a total of 36 nutrients comprising vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, health blends, amino acids in one convenient daily dose.
- Contains 10,000 mcg Biotin for Healthy Hair Care.
- Providing 100% RDA limits for maximum Vitamins & Mineral. Contains 13 Amino Acids. Helps support strong nails. Helps support lustrous hair.
- Manufactured in World Class Manufacturing Standards.
Home remedies for Type II Diabetes
Berberine, a known antibiotic drug has been shown by Australian scientists at Sydney’s Garvan Institute to possess anti-diabetic properties since it activates an enzyme in the liver and muscle that help in improving insulin sensitivity. Foods containing berberine like barberries, cranberry and herbs like bloodroot, celandine can be used as an effective natural treatment to lower sugar levels and also for weight loss.
Cinnamon appears to help increase insulin sensitivity by stimulating insulin receptors of fat cells and hence can lower blood glucose levels and body weight. A study in Diabetes Care showed that, 1-6 grams of cinnamon daily for 40 days resulted in the reduction of blood sugar levels, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
Cinnamon can either be taken in its powdered form as half a teaspoon each morning for 40 days or it can be sprinkled into coffee, herbal tea or added to oatmeal or cereal.
Many studies conducted so far have shown that North American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) decreases blood sugar levels by modulating the levels of glycosylated hemoglobin (a form of hemoglobin in the blood used to monitor blood glucose levels). Researchers found that a 3 gram dose of ginseng lowered blood sugar level by 59.1%.
It is mostly used as an energy booster in herbal drinks, tea, energy drinks and as a food additive. However gingsen can interact with certain drugs used to treat Type II diabetes and hence must be taken under the strict supervision of a doctor.
Most conventionally used for healing wounds, skin diseases and ulcers, a recent Japanese study has found that aloe vera also consists of a number of active phytosterol compounds that could reduce blood glucose and glycosylated hemoglobin levels. It also increases the absorption of vitamins C and E that in turn help control sugar levels. A tablespoonful of aloe juice can be taken twice a day to help maintain insulin flow and lower blood sugar levels.
With trace amounts of minerals like zinc and magnesium, it blocks the inactivation of insulin by liver and is beneficial for lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risks of diabetes and its long-term effects. Eaten regularly in its raw form or half a teaspoon of its paste on an empty stomach every morning can prove effective to maintain blood sugar levels.
Popularly termed as “plant-insulin”, it is known to contain compounds with blood sugar lowering effects that increase the number of beta cells in the pancreas improving the body’s capacity to produce insulin and prevent absorption of glucose in the intestine thereby improving glucose tolerance in Type II diabetics. It can either be consumed raw several times during the day or its pieces could be boiled in water which can be filtered and consumed every morning.
Indian gooseberry, with its high vitamin C content, is known to stimulate islets of Langerhans, the cells of the pancreas whose role is to secrete the hormone insulin. Mix 10 ml of amla’s fresh juice with 2 grams of turmeric powder and drink it twice a day to diminish blood sugar levels and it also improves vitality and strength.
Black Berry (kala jamun)
Known to be the best fruit for controlling diabetes, its seeds are being used in ayurveda from time immemorial to control blood sugar levels. The jamun bark is used to treat thirst caused by diabetes (polydipsia) and also to control bleeding during infections. One spoon of Indian Black berry (Jamun) seed powder taken with water on an empty stomach and 3-4 times a day can tone up the pancreas which is responsible for producing insulin in the body.
The most important benefit of inositol, a member of B vitamin family is that it enhances the sensitivity of insulin, thereby keeping diabetes under control. It also reduces the risk factors for diabetes like hyperinsulinemia, especially in case of women diabetic patients suffering from PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome).
It is found exclusively in wheat germ, brown rice, oats, brewer’s yeast, nuts, cabbage, etc. As suggested by the federal health authorities of US, the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) value for inositol is 1 g per day whose value can however vary for a diabetic patient depending on the severity of the problem.
Neem and Cucumber
Neem enhances insulin receptor sensitivity and is also known a s a wonder drug to treat the related consequences of diabetes namely hypertension, heart disease, blindness etc. Seven neem leaves can be chewed every morning on an empty stomach. Additionally, seven leaves of neem can also be added to the juice of one cucumber, one tomato and one bitter gourd to reduce sugar levels. Cucumber is known to help in the production of a hormone required by the beta cells of the pancreas to produce insulin hormone.
There exist a lot of other combinations of herbs that lower the blood sugar levels but these should be taken after obtaining consent from a health professional since the drugs in use can interact with the home remedies leading to life-threatening consequences. Even though diabetes can lead to debilitating consequences, it can still be controlled by using a comprehensive plan involving a well balanced diet, a right exercise regimen and effective natural remedies to attain the target range of blood sugar levels.
Dear Earth Organic Cashew 250 Gms₹440.00
St.Botanica Cupidrex Serum
- High quality serum
- Helps improve male sexual performance
- Helps improve erectile function
- Contains high quality Butea superba and other tropical herbal extracts
- Nano particles for faster delivery of ingredients to erectile tissues
ON (Optimum Nutrition)100% Whey Protein Gold Standard – 5 Lbs
- Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) Main Ingredient
- Whey Protein Microfractions from Whey Protein Isolates & Ultra-Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate
- Over 4 Grams of Glutamine & Glutamic Acid in Each Serving
- More Than 5 Grams of the Naturally Occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine in Each Serving
- The “Gold Standard” for Protein Quality
Radiplex Light 500 mg – An Ultimate Glutathione Product For Skin Whitening
- L-Glutathione- To get a celebrity like skin tone!
- It removes dark spots and age spots, remedy for acne scars & skin discoloration, balances uneven skintone, removes dark circles and lightens your skin tone
- 100% Natural Amino Acid supplement with NO SIDE EFFECTS & is SAFE for all the ages & gender
- It is the anti-aging answer to premature wrinkling, It detoxifies nicotine in the body. It is 100% proven that it really works to whiten skin.