9 Home Remedies For Cough
There can be various reasons for the development of cough. Many times mild or severe cough can be an indication of an undetected and underlying problem. However, the cough can occur on its own as well in response to conditions such as presence of allergens in nasal tract, air blockage or as a result of common cold. There are many over-the-counter medications available for the treatment of cough. These medications are mainly in the form of tonics and syrups to soothe the irritated throat as well. However, these medications are expensive and contain chemicals that may prove detrimental to your health in the long run.
For this reason, many people prefer treating a common ailment like cough at home using natural remedies. These home remedies for cough should be done regularly and continuously so that you get relief from the cough faster. Many times the remedies are available in the house. Let us check out the best home remedies that are readily available in all houses for treating cough.
Home Remedies For Treating Cough
One of the best ways to get relief from cough is by gargling. Use natural gargle for best results. Take a glass of warm water and add a pinch of salt to it. Gargle with the salt water every couple of hours. Gargling will not only reduce the occurrence of bouts of cough but will also take care of the irritated and painful throat.You can even gargle by adding half a disprin to warm water or even by using half teaspoon of baking soda in lukewarm water. Gargling must be done at least 5-6 times in a day to cure cough faster.
St.Botanica Cupidrex Serum
- High quality serum
- Helps improve male sexual performance
- Helps improve erectile function
- Contains high quality Butea superba and other tropical herbal extracts
- Nano particles for faster delivery of ingredients to erectile tissues
MuscleXP Hair, Skin & Nails Daily Vital MultiVitamin with 10,000 mcg Biotin
- Combines vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients along with healthy hair, skin and nails support
- This comprehensive and complete formula delivers a total of 36 nutrients comprising vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, health blends, amino acids in one convenient daily dose.
- Contains 10,000 mcg Biotin for Healthy Hair Care.
- Providing 100% RDA limits for maximum Vitamins & Mineral. Contains 13 Amino Acids. Helps support strong nails. Helps support lustrous hair.
- Manufactured in World Class Manufacturing Standards.
ON (Optimum Nutrition)100% Whey Protein Gold Standard – 5 Lbs
- Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) Main Ingredient
- Whey Protein Microfractions from Whey Protein Isolates & Ultra-Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate
- Over 4 Grams of Glutamine & Glutamic Acid in Each Serving
- More Than 5 Grams of the Naturally Occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine in Each Serving
- The “Gold Standard” for Protein Quality
Dear Earth Organic Clove Whole 75 Gms₹230.00
Take Plenty Of Liquids
Drinking liquids will keep the coughing in control since the throat will remain lubricated. However, it is important to drink only warm liquids. Drinking cold liquids can aggravate the problem of coughing.Keep drinking tea, warm water and warm milk through the day. Adding honey to water and milk will provide immense relief to the throat. Don’t drink more than two cups of hot coffee during the day since it contains caffeine that can be harmful if had too much. Lukewarm water is the best way to treat cough.
This is very important for treating cough and cold since vitamin C boosts the immune system helping our body fight the infection causing bacteria. Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C. drinking 5-6 glasses of warm lemon water can be very helpful in treating cough. Add a teaspoon of honey to the lemon water. Honey is a natural antiseptic that will soothe the irritated throat.
People suffering from chronic coughing find it difficult to breathe due to lack of moisture in the air. One of the best ways to remedy this is by using humidifier in the room where you are sitting/sleeping.
Dry air is a common problem during summer months but it can be easily rectified by use of a humidifier. You will instantly feel the difference in your breathing after turning on the humidifier.
This is an easy option for adults to coat their nasal passage with moisture. Steaming also opens the blocked airways making it easier to breathe. Boil water and once the water starts steaming remove it from heat. Now take a clean towel and place it over your head. Bend over the steaming water and cover your head and the water utensil with the towel.
Breathe deeply for maximum benefits from the steam. Some people also prefer adding menthol or eucalyptus oil to the steaming water. However, this is not necessary. Plain steam will also give you the same results. The idea of doing steaming is that if the cough does not get cured even by the use of steam then it is a sure sign that there is some other underlying cause that needs to be diagnosed and addressed soon.
Black Pepper And Honey
Black pepper is the best known home remedy for treating cough. Pepper contains capsaicin that is very helpful in opening up the nasal passage and blocked air ways because of its ‘hot’ nature. When combined with honey, black pepper helps lessen the duration of cough. Take a microwavable bowl and add one teaspoon freshly powdered black pepper and three tablespoons honey to it. Mix the two well and put the dish in the microwave.
Heat for 20-30 seconds until the mix turns warm. Take care not to overheat the mix or honey will lose its antiseptic properties. Take the dish out from the microwave and take a tablespoon of the mix after it slightly cools down. The mix should be warm when you have it. You will immediately notice a difference. Your throat will feel much better. Take a teaspoon of the mix every 90 minutes to feel better soon.
Milk And Clarified Oil
Warm milk is a known remedy for treating cough. However, its healing power increase when you add clarified oil (ghee) to the milk. In a glass of warm water add two teaspoons of ghee and drink this in one go. You can add a teaspoon of honey for flavor. Having this drink after every three hours will improve your condition considerably.
This is an over-the-counter remedy for treating common cold. But it is also ideal for treating cough especially in small children. Vicks contains menthol and eucalyptus oil that help clear the nasal passages and unblock the airways making it easier to breathe. The main cause of cough is difficulty in breathing. Rubbing Vicks VapoRub on your neck, chest and the back will help you breathe easy thus reducing the bouts of coughing.
Marshmallows And Milk
The combination of marshmallows and milk is very effective in treating cough especially in children. The kids love the taste of marshmallows in milk and are always ready to drink this remedy. Boil milk and pour it in a glass. Add 3-4 marshmallows to the milk and allow the milk to cool down slightly. Gulp down the milk in one go while it is still warm. The milk-marshmallow mix should be had 3-4 times a day.
MuscleXP 100% Whey Protein – 2Kg (4.4 lbs), Double Rich Chocolate – The New Whey Standards
- Fast-acting whey protein isolate is the leading protein source. Setting New Gold Standards 121 kcal Energy, 25g Protein, 1g Fat, 0g Sugar, 0g Trans Fat Per 32g Serving
- Higher protein percentage (25 g of protein, 78% Whey protein by weight). Enriched with Calcium, Sodium, Potassium and Phosphorus.
- Includes ultra-filtered whey for less cholesterol, fat & sodium. 5.94G BCAA's and 4.46g Glutamine and Glutamic Acid
- Rich Double Chocolate Flavor. Instantized to Mix Easily Using a Glass and Spoon.
- Manufactured in World Class Manufacturing Standards.
Dear Earth Organic Coconut Oil ( Extra Virgin ) 350 Ml₹450.00
Dear Earth Organic Black Pepper Whole 100 Gms₹180.00
Radiplex Protect – Glutathione & Polypodium Leucotomos Combination (30 caps)
- A Clinically Advanced Oral UV Protection
- 100% Herbal Extract of Polypodium Leucotomos
- Increases skin’s resistance against sunburn by 300%
- Prevents & repairs DNA damage induced by harmful UV rays