18 Home Remedies For Bloating
Bloating is a general swelling that can take place anywhere in the body. More specifically, it is associated with intestinal bloating, gas, flatulence and widespread water retention or oedema. The diameter of the abdomen can painfully increase with swelling or bloating. This is caused by the build-up of gas, which leads to burping and flatulence.
Bloating occurs when you overeat, eat foods fast, thus swallowing a lot of air. It can be very uncomfortable and can cause abdominal distension and pain. Here are some simple home remedies that can improve your digestion and tackle bloating effectively.
Home Remedies for Treating Bloating
Always take the time to relish and enjoy your food. Devouring food within seconds is a sure shot recipe for gas and bloating. Take the time to enjoy every morsel that you consume. This will allow the stomach to adjust to the intake and slowly release the gastric juices without overloading the stomach.
Radiplex Protect – Glutathione & Polypodium Leucotomos Combination (30 caps)
- A Clinically Advanced Oral UV Protection
- 100% Herbal Extract of Polypodium Leucotomos
- Increases skin’s resistance against sunburn by 300%
- Prevents & repairs DNA damage induced by harmful UV rays
Dear Earth Organic Green Cardamom Whole 75 Gms₹250.00
Dear Earth Organic Sesame Oil 500 ml₹220.00
Dear Earth organic Wheat Flour 5 Kg₹280.00
Rather than eat three large meals, stick to smaller meals spaced out every 3-4 hours during the day. When you eat three large meals, there is a huge gap between your first and your second meal. This causes you to feel very hungry and you tend to either eat fast or overeat. This is one of the many reasons why gas or bloating occurs in the body.
Take a Walk
Even after a light meal, it is a good idea to take a short walk for good digestion. This improves blood circulation and speeds up digestion thus making you feel light and comfortable. A short 10-minute walk is more than enough.
Drink Some Herbal Tea
Have a small cup of herbal tea after a meal like chamomile, green tea or mint tea. This is very good for improving digestion and reducing gas and bloating. Chamomile also has relaxing properties thus making you feel lighter after a meal.
Clove Oil and Eucalyptus Oil
The oil of cloves or eucalyptus is very effective and beneficial when it comes to reducing gas and bloating. Put a few drops of clove or eucalyptus oil in a glass of tepid water and drink this water as soon as you get up in the morning. It helps to release the build up of excessive gases in the stomach.
Lemon and Honey Water
Another fabulous home remedy for gas and bloating is lemon and honey water. Squeeze the juice of a lime and add a teaspoon of honey along with it into a glass of luke warm water. Have this water as soon as you get up in the morning. The lemon and honey infused water cleanses your digestive system, speeds your metabolism and prevents flatulence.
Chew on some mouth-watering fennel seeds immediately after a meal. The fennel seeds are highly recommended for digestion. They aid in digestion and help the stomach to slowly digest the food. The gases are released naturally and you will not feel bloated or uncomfortable.
Do not Overeat
Learn to say no to food especially when you start feeling full. It is recommended that you do not eat a meal to the stomach’s full capacity but stay slightly hungry. In any case, the brain takes at least 20 minutes for it to signal that the stomach is full. Greed and gluttony often leads to bloating.
Carom seeds are very good for relieving gas and bloating. If you are feeling full and nauseous, quickly down a glass of water which has carom seeds infused in it. This helps to soothe the stomach and reduce any pain or discomfort that you may be feeling.
It is very common for women to feel nauseous, bloated and uncomfortably full during their pregnancies. This can be easily prevented by eating light meals 4-6 times a day. Keeping your weight in check will also prevent excessive pressure being put on your abdomen.
Regular exercise is one of the best ways to prevent any digestive discomfort. It is a one-stop solution for gas, bloating and constipation. Exercise not only burns extra calories from the food that you consume but also keeps your digestion hale and hearty.
Drink Enough Water
Have a glass of water half an hour before every meal. One, this will prevent you from overeating and two; it will help the stomach to digest the food better as water is an important requirement for digestion.
Avoid Caffeine and Carbonated Drinks
Contrary to what most people believe, soda and carbonated beverages are likely to make you feel worse. They may cause gastric upset and irritate the stomach lining thus leading to bloating and gas. Similarly, one should restrict the intake of coffee as it often leads to dehydration, acidity and bloating.
Avoid Gassy Foods
Certain foods are bound to make you feel gassy and bloated like broccoli, beans, whole lentils, cabbage, cauliflower and red meat. Avoid eating these if you are prone to gassiness. If you must, take them in moderate amounts only. These foods may act as possible allergens that trigger an episode of gastric bloating.
Do not Chew Excessively on Gum
Chewing excessively on gum throughout the day can also lead to bloating. This is because one tends to also swallow a lot of air while chewing on gum.
Some people are allergic to dairy leading to a condition called as lactose intolerance in which the stomach becomes upset. If you are lactose intolerant, ban dairy completely from your diet. That means you should not be consuming milk, cheese, cream, yoghurt or ice cream. Fulfil your calcium requirements by opting for green leafy vegetables and calcium-fortified drinks.
Probiotics are foods that enhance the levels of the healthy bacteria that are found in the stomach gut. These help to aid in digestion and prevent heartburn, gas, indigestion and bloating. Have foods like curd, which have a high dosage of these beneficial bacteria.
Sip on Hot Water
Sip on hot water throughout the day. It works like a miracle charm in reducing any kind of gastric disturbance or discomfort.
St.Botanica Cupidrex Serum
- High quality serum
- Helps improve male sexual performance
- Helps improve erectile function
- Contains high quality Butea superba and other tropical herbal extracts
- Nano particles for faster delivery of ingredients to erectile tissues
MuscleXP Hair, Skin & Nails Daily Vital MultiVitamin with 10,000 mcg Biotin
- Combines vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients along with healthy hair, skin and nails support
- This comprehensive and complete formula delivers a total of 36 nutrients comprising vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, health blends, amino acids in one convenient daily dose.
- Contains 10,000 mcg Biotin for Healthy Hair Care.
- Providing 100% RDA limits for maximum Vitamins & Mineral. Contains 13 Amino Acids. Helps support strong nails. Helps support lustrous hair.
- Manufactured in World Class Manufacturing Standards.
ON (Optimum Nutrition) 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard – 10 Lbs
- Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) Main Ingredient
- Whey Protein Microfractions from Whey Protein Isolates & Ultra-Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate
- Over 4 Grams of Glutamine & Glutamic Acid in Each Serving
- More Than 5 Grams of the Naturally Occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine in Each Serving
- The “Gold Standard” for Protein Quality
MuscleXP Mass Gain Vital (Mass Gainer with MultiVitamins) – 1Kg (2.2 lbs), Double Rich Chocolate
- Setting New Gold Standards. 778 kCal Energy, 54G Protein Per 2 Scoops (Equal to 150gm) Serving with water. When Mixed with Milk you will Get More Energy and protein
- 24 Vitamins and Essential Minerals with almost 50% RDA limit per scoop for maximum Vitamins & Minerals. Energy and Protein Only from Whey Protein, Whey isolate and Milk Powder
- 42% Protein by Weight when taken with Milk. Enhanced with Dietary Fibers (Inulin) for Easy Digestion & Glutamine and Glutamic Acid.
- Rich Double Chocolate Flavor. Instantized to Mix Easily Using a Glass and Spoon.
Manufactured in World Class Manufacturing Standards.