7 Effective Home Remedies For Nail Fungus
Nail fungus is infection of the skin under the nail. As the name suggests, the infection is the result of fungi. The fungi rapidly multiply in number under the nail. This causes discoloration of the nail. Some people also experience slight pain if pressure is applied to the nail.
Medicated creams are available for the treatment of the fungus but the infection can return if the fungus hasn’t gone away completely in the first place. There are many natural effective remedies as well that can be used for successfully treating nail fungus at home. You will have to be very regular in the use of these remedies if you wish to treat the problem completely and effectively. Leaving the treatment in between will cause re-growth of the fungus. Let us find out more about the home remedies that can be used for treating nail fungus.
Safe and Effective Home Remedies for Treating Nail Fungus
It is a well known fact that garlic is both antibacterial and antifungal in nature. The enzymes present in garlic effectively restrict the multiplication of infection causing fungi. This helps in arresting the growth of the fungi and also helps in their elimination.
Radiplex Repair – L-Glutathione with Collagen Anti Ageing Caps (30 caps)
- Reduction in Age Spots – An Anti-Ageing Wonder
- Improves skin smoothness, texture & firmness
- Combination of L-Glutathione & Collagen
- Skin Whitening & Reduction In Signs Of Ageing
Dear Earth Organic Black Pepper Whole 100 Gms₹180.00
St.Botanica Butea Superba Gel
- High quality Butea Superba gel
- Helps improve sexual function in men
St.Botanica Butea Superba Gel AND Butea Superba 60 Caps
- Help in improving male sexual function
- Help in improving penile erection
- Contains pure Butea Superba extract
- Free from additives and chemicals
Take two cloves of garlic and peel them. Crush the peeled garlic and apply it over the infected nail. Wrap the nail along with the garlic in medicated gauze. This will keep the crushed garlic tightly secured in its place. Leave the garlic in place for a couple of hours. Remove and throw away the garlic. Clean the area using damp cotton cloth and then dry the area well. Repeat the garlic treatment after 40 minutes.
Do this procedure at least three times during the day. If you do not have that kind of time then leave 3-4 crushed cloves of garlic tightly secured over the infected nail overnight. In the morning clean the place with warm water after removing the garlic. The treatment should be done regularly for 3 months. Doing this will ensure that the infection does not return.
Since ancient times turmeric has been used for treating various skin conditions caused by infection. Turmeric has antiseptic properties that are very useful in the treatment as well as healing of the skin. Many people have successfully used turmeric for treating nail fungus infection. To treat the infection you will have to use freshly powdered turmeric instead of the powdered turmeric that is available commercially and is used for cooking. This turmeric may contain preservatives and other chemicals.
It is best to buy turmeric sticks from a grocery store. Grind the sticks to fine powder form ad mix it with a little lemon juice to form paste. Apply the paste over the infected nail and under it to maximize its benefits.
Leave the paste on the skin for 30 minutes and then clean the area using damp cloth. Immediately dry the nail using a towel or hair dryer. It is important to keep the nail dry at all times. Repeat the turmeric paste application after two hours. Do this for regularly for three months. The turmeric paste will stain your nail but the stain will fade away once you discontinue the treatment.
This may sound like a very bizarre treatment for nail fungus but it has actually been in use since the last century. Many people resort to using liquid bleach for treating nail infection when everything else fails. Prepare a solution of bleach by pouring two capfuls of liquid bleach into 300 ml of water.
Soak the infected nail in this solution for 10-15 minutes. After the stipulated time clean the area with warm water. Dry the nail and the surrounding skin well using towel or hair dryer. The treatment should be done twice a day for five weeks.
Hydrogen peroxide is used during pedicures in most of the salons. The chemical is known to loosen the dirt and other microorganism sticking to the skin thereby making it easier to remove them. This is one reason hydrogen peroxide is used as an effective remedy for nail fungus.
Prepare solution of hydrogen peroxide in water by mixing two parts of the chemical to one part of water. Dip the infected nail in this solution for 15 minutes. Cut your nail so that the solution can be soaked up by the skin under the nail. After 15 minutes wash the nail using cold water and then dry it completely. Do this 3-4 times during the day for two months.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree essential oil has antifungal properties that are very effective in the treatment of fungal infections including those of the nails. However, the oil should not be used undiluted or it can cause severe burns in the skin. Combine 5 drops of tea tree oil with 2 drops of olive oil. Apply this combination of oils over the infected skin.
You can even soak a bud of cotton in the oil mixture and wrap it around the infected nail. Leave the treated cotton over the nail for 30-45 minutes. Remove clean with damp cloth. This treatment should be done at least four times during the day to fasten the treatment.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has acidic properties that help in the elimination of fungi and even stop them from multiplying. Prepare a strong solution of apple cider vinegar by combining 30ml of vinegar with 10 ml of water. Soak only the infected nail in this solution for not less than 20 minutes. Dry the nail completely after the treatment. Repeat the treatment thrice a day for three months.
Not even the doctors are sure how this treatment works but a lot of users agree that this is one of the best and most effective remedy for treating nail fungus at home.
The medicinal effects of the VapoRub could be because of the menthol and eucalyptus oil present in it. Rub Vicks over the infected nail and the surrounding skin 3-4 times during the day. Do this regularly for 3-4 weeks to get rid of the infection completely.
MuscleXP Hair, Skin & Nails Daily Vital MultiVitamin with 10,000 mcg Biotin
- Combines vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients along with healthy hair, skin and nails support
- This comprehensive and complete formula delivers a total of 36 nutrients comprising vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, health blends, amino acids in one convenient daily dose.
- Contains 10,000 mcg Biotin for Healthy Hair Care.
- Providing 100% RDA limits for maximum Vitamins & Mineral. Contains 13 Amino Acids. Helps support strong nails. Helps support lustrous hair.
- Manufactured in World Class Manufacturing Standards.
Radiplex Light 500 mg – An Ultimate Glutathione Product For Skin Whitening
- L-Glutathione- To get a celebrity like skin tone!
- It removes dark spots and age spots, remedy for acne scars & skin discoloration, balances uneven skintone, removes dark circles and lightens your skin tone
- 100% Natural Amino Acid supplement with NO SIDE EFFECTS & is SAFE for all the ages & gender
- It is the anti-aging answer to premature wrinkling, It detoxifies nicotine in the body. It is 100% proven that it really works to whiten skin.
St.Botanica Forskolin 500mg Extract – 90 Veg Caps
- High quality forskolin supplement
- Helps in burning fats
- Helps in increasing the energy level
- Helps in weight loss
St.Botanica Cupidrex Serum
- High quality serum
- Helps improve male sexual performance
- Helps improve erectile function
- Contains high quality Butea superba and other tropical herbal extracts
- Nano particles for faster delivery of ingredients to erectile tissues